Saturday, February 12, 2011

New Year's Resolutions: Too Little Too Late??

Ok, I know this post is waaaay overdue, but I just want to say that in my opinion it is never too late for new year's resolutions. I don't normally make new year's resolutions, but something about this new year's was special to me. I feel like a lot of people were promising that nothing else bad was going to happen this year because a lot of bad things happened last year (i.e. deaths, sicknesses, etc.). Anyway, I only really made two new year's resolutions this year, and so far I think I've been sticking to them pretty well, considering everything else that's been going on in my life (which I will get to in the next several entries, to come pretty much immediately after this one. AKA the few people that read my blog are VERY SPECIAL :D).

My first new year's resolution was to start taking an exercise class of some kind. When I was in college, I started taking jazzercise with my mom during breaks and over the summer. I even did it with her pretty much all last year while I was living at home. When I moved to the city, after I finally got adjusted (which took a pretty long time...I've been living there for about 7 months and I don't think I've really fully adjusted yet, but I'd say it took me a good 3 or 4 months to get semi-adjusted. Sorry if that seems confusing or doesn't make sense.) I felt like something was still lacking, so I decided that I was going to take up jazzercise on a regular basis again (I had gone once or twice with my mom on thursday evenings when I could get home, but I felt like that wasn't enough). I was kind of waiting for the right time to start / to find a place that was close to me. I think it was sometime in december or around new year's that I got a groupon (I joined groupon shortly after moving into the city to try and get good deals on things near me and kind of find out what was going on near me and stuff like that) for jazzercise, and I found that the one closest to me was near penn station and would not be hard for me to get to. I started going a couple weeks ago, and it's different and more intense than the jazzercise I'm used to (it's also in a kind of small, cramped, and crowded room as opposed to the big gym that I'm used to, but I'm adjusting to that small detail) but it's good and at least I'm exercising and sticking to my resolution. :D

My other resolution was to try to keep in touch with friends better. I've realized that if there are certain people that I want to keep in touch with I have to be kind of proactive about it. I also have to remember to do things when I say I'm going to (i.e. call people back, etc.). I feel like I've always had problems with keeping in touch with people, and I'm not really sure why. Sometimes I get sick of initiating conversations all the time, but I've realized everyone's different. For example, I love to talk on the phone, but some people don't or don't really have time to be able to sit and talk to other people on the phone. I feel like my main form of communication these days has become, texting, e-mail and facebook, but then again, people don't always respond. I'm not really sure where I was going with this and I have more that I want to write about on several different topics, so I think I'm going to end this entry here and maybe come back and edit it at a later time.

EDIT 2 / 27 / 11: I think what I wanted to say before is that you have to try several methods of communication with different people, in order to find out which ones they respond to best, because everyone's different. After a while though, I find that if I've tried several methods of communication and the person still doesn't respond to me, I just kind of give up. ::SHRUG:: I think that's all for now. I may come back and edit this again at a later time.

--Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment