Monday, April 26, 2010

Because I'm waaaay past due on blog posts...

Soo much has happened since my last post that it's not even funny. I'm going to list things that have happened, and then each one is probably going to be a separate post: I spent the weekend at EC and then part of the following week in Key West, I went to the mall (the other day) and spent 2 gift cards (well, one entire one and then some, and part of another one), and I went to a movie and almost played miniature golf with a guy friend from middle school / high school that I haven't talked to in FOREVER.

This post is going to be about the last thing on my list, because even though it happened before anything else on my list, it stands out the most in my mind for more reasons than one (one of them being that I just talked to him on AIM tonight). I'm going to call this boy monkey, because that is part of his AIM screen name. Monkey IMed me randomly one day and we started talking. He mentioned that he wanted to go see the movie The Crazies and I mentioned that I don’t really like horror movies, but that I might be interested anyway. There is a certain kind of horror movie that I like, which I guess really wouldn’t be considered horror. It’s really more of like Action-Adventure / Thriller. ::SHRUG:: I dunno. Anyway, we decided to go see the movie. He picked me up and we went to dinner at Friday’s first. By the time we got to the movie, we were too late to be able to see the one we had wanted to see, so we ended up seeing Repo Men. It was really good. I like Jude Law…a lot and he was really good in this movie. I would suggest that if you like Sci-Fi / Thriller type movies, and you haven’t seen Repo Men that you go see it, or if it’s not in theaters anymore (which I don’t think it is, wait until it comes out on DVD and rent it.

Anyway, back to Monkey. The week after we saw Repo Men, Monkey invited me out again, and I had an urge to play mini golf. There’s an amusement park on route 22 in Elizabeth (I think) called Bowcraft that used to have mini golf (this was before I went away to school…I didn’t know that when I left to go to EC as a freshman they took it away…I hadn’t been there in 4 years). We decided to go there. It wasn’t until we got there that we found out that they didn’t have mini golf anymore. We went to the pet store next door for a little while to look at the animals, and then we decided to get back in the car and see if we could find another mini golf place. Monkey’s GPS said that there was one in Kenilworth called Pitch and Putt, so we decided to go there. On the way there I decided that I wanted coffee, so we were looking for a Starbucks. We pretty much drove all around Kenilworth trying to find it, taking a scenic route through the town. I could have sworn we were lost and I was never getting home again (ok, maybe that’s a slight exaggeration, but the story doesn’t end there). As we were pulling back onto the main road, there was a stoplight and several cars ahead of us. Monkey started swerving, and I was literally afraid for my life. I kept thinking that if I wasn’t depending on him to get me home, and I knew where I was, I would have gotten out of the car right then and there. On top of that, once we stopped he realized that he knew where the Starbucks was all along, and he thought it was the funniest thing in the world…he literally could not stop laughing for a good five minutes (that’s probably an exaggeration too, but it really felt like he was laughing for a long time). I was thinking to myself “it’s not that funny”, and I really should have said something. He asked me if he was scaring me, and I was trying to be nice. I said that he was creeping me out a little.

We got to the Starbucks (which was inside an A & P (supermarket), ordered our coffee, and I politely asked him to take me home, saying that I didn’t feel like playing mini golf anymore (I actually still really wanted to play, just not with him). On the drive home we kind of got back to talking, as if the whole thing had never happened although in my mind I was still a little scared. Somehow we got started talking about movies. He mentioned that he had never seen the movie The Notebook and I said that I had it at home and he should come over to watch it sometime. Meanwhile, I’ve kind of been avoiding him ever since. He texts me and asks me if I want to hang out or do stuff with him and I always say that I’m busy. I’m not sure if he just wants to be friends or something more. I also don’t know how to tell him that I don’t want to hang out with him but not hurt his feelings. ::SHRUG::

One last thing before I go to sleep, as I’m kind of tired, and it’s 12:33 AM: When I talk about relationships on here I’m going to use the scale that my aunt created. I guess I’ll call it “ the whelmed scale”, because the rankings are underwhelmed, whelmed, and overwhelmed. I feel like the perfect relationship would be somewhere between whelmed and overwhelmed. Whelmed to me means that you think about the person a lot, but not all the time, you like to do things with them, they make you happy / excited, but not giddy or overly excited. Overwhelmed to me means that you think about the person all the time, so much so that it interferes with daily activities (which could be a good thing or a bad thing), you like to do things with them a lot, and they make you giddy and overly excited (which again, could be a good thing or a bad thing). I think I am underwhelmed in my relationship (if that’s even what it is) with Monkey.

That’s all for tonight, more soon hopefully.

--Emily

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you survived the wild driving of another guy. I can't judge, as you've seen my driving as well. Any guy that mentions that he wants to see the notebook with you is also pretty clearly voicing his interest in you. At least he has good taste!
    I'm super jealous of you going to Key West! Cape Cod just can't compare. It was great to see you at EC and maybe I'll run into you the next time I'm in New Jersey. That'd be fun! We could sing together.
    Speaking of signing...Any news on Glee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nick!! It took me a little while to figure out that you are the science dude (probably because the picture is so tiny...I feel like I should have known from the name, tho...you ARE the science dude, after all). Anyway, you are not that crazy of a driver (although driving with three girls in your car might make you feel a little crazy, even if it IS just to IHOP :D).

    I would be interested in Monkey if I didn't think he was so crazy...I feel like the point is to find someone as crazy as you are...not CRAZIER...LOL.

    Key West was pretty awesome (I'll write about it in here soon) but I think that Cape Cod is pretty awesome too. :) That would be cool if I could see you the next time you swing through the Dirty Jerz. I haven't heard anything about Glee yet. The website doesn't say when we are supposed to hear from them. ::SHRUG:: I mainly did it for fun...but it would be AWESOME if I got a part :D

    ReplyDelete