So if you guessed that this post is going to be about driving, then you guessed right. I know that sounds boring...and I'm sorry if it turns out to be, but this has been on my mind lately.
I got my driver's license like the day before I went off to college, and hence did not get much time to practice / have my own car because I was going off to school. I would try and get as much practice as I could when I came home for breaks, and stuff, but since I was at school I wasn't really getting in as much practice as I needed. I'm not really sure where I'm going with this, and I feel like if I continued like this, it would turn into a really long and boring story that not many people would want to read (not that many people read this anyway...but still).
I feel like in order to really get the practice that I deserve, I would have to have my own car, so that I wouldn't have to keep bugging my mom to drive hers. I feel like that's not going to happen anytime soon, so I have given up on that idea and have resorted to just driving my mom's car (most of the time with her in it...I feel like that's the major problem...but I will get to that later). I'm still not really getting as much practice as possible, because a lot of the time I don't feel like driving, or I am more used to getting in the passenger's seat than the driver's seat, and so I don't even think most of the time and just get into the passenger's seat out of habit. When I drive however, I feel like my mom is always (well, maybe always is an exaggeration) yelling at me (like I am doing something wrong, which maybe sometimes I am, but still). Yelling is really not conducive to making me want to keep driving. I mean, technically I have to get us to wherever we're going because I'm already driving (although technically if I wanted to I guess I could pull over and let my mom drive, but I feel like that might result in a fight), but usually I don't want to drive us home.
Ok...once again I'm not really sure where I was going with this, and my mom is yelling at me to go eat, so I will have to come back and edit this later.
--Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment