Thursday, January 7, 2010

"California..."


The title to this entry is in reference to the Beach Boys' song of the same name. I Just wanted to let you people know that I am leaving to go to California on sunday (the 10th) to visit my cousin (who I haven't seen in like forever) for a week. This is my only cousin on my dad's side of the family and, aside from my grandma and said cousin's mom (my dad's sister-in-law), the only family I have left on my dad's side. Also, she's pregnant and due in july (which means she will just be starting to show now). I am sooo excited!!!!!! :D

The last time that I saw this cousin (her name is Sarah, btdubs) that actually sticks out in my mind was way back when she was in college ((she's 29 now...but I shouldn't say "way back" because I'm pretty sure she just graduated college in 2004 or 2005, and while I know that yes, that actually was a long-ish time ago, it would mean that Sarah was 24 or 23 when she graduated from college, which is a couple years after people usually finish college. She started at the same time as everyone else (18 or 19) she just changed her major a lot. She was studying to be a dietician at the time. God knows what she's doing now, but it will be interesting to find out. Now, I'm not trying to put her down in any way, I just never really thought that she would ever settle down and have kids, and I'm not sure why. There was no doubt in my mind that she would eventually get married, I just never pictured her having kids)). I stayed in her dorm room with her (she went to Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio) and she took me to see "Ten Things I Hate About You". I just looked it up, and that movie came out in 1999, so I must have been 12. I thought it was soo cool that I had a cousin who went to college and didn't live with her parents (although she lived close enough to them that she might as well have). I've seen her since then, but I don't really remember anything significant from that visit other than the fact that they (she, her dad--this was when he was still alive-- and her mom) had just gotten a new jack russell terrier puppy and he was so tiny and cute (see above picture).

As much as I don't want to get up early to leave on sunday, I really want the next couple of days to go by quickly but I have a feeling that they won't because I don't do anything during the day. Tomorrow night I'm going into the city to see a concert (YAY EC Concert Choir) and then hang out with some of my crazy Earlhamite loves :D. Then saturday night I have to work. I called the lady at Village Belle today and she said not to stop looking for other jobs because she still wasn't sure if the other girl who usually works for her was going to be able to do it or not. She really did not sound too convincing / promising, and I'm kind of running out of ideas here. Maybe I'll just go to Trader Joe's again when I get back from Cali and see what's up.

::SHRUG:: I guess that's all for now.

--Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment