This entry is going to be just what the title says. I was woken up this morning by my dogs pushing my door open with their long and cute little noses (which actually weren't so cute) at 6 AM. Of course dogs don't know how to shut doors, so my door was left wide open while my brother was hastily getting ready for school and having a yelling match with my mom. The one thing that I can distinctly remember him yelling (because I was half awake and trying to fall back asleep) is "I guess I'm not normal, am I?" My thought response to this in my half awake state was: "There is really no such thing as normal when it comes to human beings".
I used to think that I was not "normal" (especially when I was in high school) and it used to make me so upset because I wished that I was (even though I had no clue what the word even meant, really). According to the Merriam Webster Dictionary, normal means: 1). "Regular, standard, natural. Of average intelligence; also: sound in mind and body. 2). One that is normal. The usual condition, level or quantity. Honestly, this makes "normal" sound boring to me. It makes me feel glad that I am not "normal".
I think that that was really all that I wanted to say for right now. Again, I might come back and edit this at some point.
--Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment